Articles by Topic or Issue (Firearms / Weapons - Jail / Prison / House Arrest)
Felon in Possession of a Firearm and Constructive Possession
Does Carrying a Loaded Firearm on His Person Include in a Backpack?
- Medical Marijuana Cardholder Now Cannot Buy a Gun?
- After Prop 47 Granted on My Case, Can I Own a Firearm?
- What Is Assault with a Deadly Weapon? Defenses? Punishment?
- Should I Sign the Prop 63 Firearm Relinquishment Form?
- How Do I Get My Gun Rights Back After a Conviction?
- What Should I Do to Get My Firearms Back from the Cops?
- When Would Having a Small Wooden Bat Be a Crime (PC 22210)?
- What Is the Law on Brass Knuckles? Punishment? Defenses?
- When’s a Judgment Final for SB 620 for Firearm Enhancements?
- What Is Brandishing a Weapon or Pulling a Gun on Someone?
- Is a Certificate of Probable Cause Needed for SB620 Relief?
- What Is the Antiquity Defense to 18 U.S.C. § 922(g)?
- What Is a Dirk or Dagger under Penal Code § 16470?
- What is Illegal Possession of an Assault Weapon, PC 30605?
- What is Criminal Storage of a Firearm (PC § 25100)?
- Does Judge Have Power to Lower PC 12022.53 Gun Enhancement?
- The Right to Own or Buy a Firearm After a 5150 Hold?
- Self-Defense and 18 U.S.C. § 922(g) or Penal Code § 29800
- SB 620- When Can a Judge Strike the Gun Enhancement?
- Felon in Possession of Firearm: I am a Felon?
- What is Negligent Discharge of a Firearm (PC 246.3)?
- What is Penal Code § 17500 Regarding a Deadly Weapon?
- Penal Code § 16470: Is a Box Cutter a Dirk or Dagger?
- SB 620: Should Judge Consider Postjudgment Rehabilitation?
- SB 620 Analysis: Resentencing on Firearm Enhancement
- What are Some of the More Common Firearm Enhancements?
- What Must be Proven for a Firearm Enhancement to Apply?
- Enhancement for Being Armed with a Firearm – Sentencing
- SB 620: Can Judge Impose Lesser Enhancement If True?
- What Can Judge Consider in Striking Gun Enhancement?
- Unlawful Possession of a Firearm under § 922(g)(4)
- Convictions for Both Gun Manufacturing & Possession?
- When May Police Destroy Firearm Taken in 5150 Hold?
Click Here to Go Directly to Certificate of Rehabilitation
Conviction Related to Acting As Gang Member OK If Act Alone?
Multiple Punishments for Single Act Violates Penal Code § 654
- May a Judge Strike a Gang Allegation in Plea in Open?
- Do Gang Enhancements (P.C. § 186.22(b)) Bar Prop 47 Relief?
- Must the Prosecutor Prove a Gang Enhancement to Every Gang?
- Is a Gang-Related Juvenile Probation Condition Always OK?
- Can Showing Gang Tattoos Constitute Criminal Threats?
- Are Consecutive 10-Year Gang Sentencing Enhancements Error?
- Gang Enhancement Removed Due to Faulty Expert Opinion
- Is Validated Gang Membership Enough for a Gang Enhancement?
- Gang Enhancement Affirmed Due to Character Witness Testimony
- Inadmissible Gang Expert Testimony Allows Reversal.
- When Is Gang Expert’s Testimony OK for Motive?
- Gang Enhancements Reversed When Crawford Violation
- Sanchez and Testimony About Predicate Offenses.
- What’s Specific Intent to Assist Criminal Street Gang?
- What is Sufficient Evidence to Prove PC § 186.22(a)?
- What are Violent Crimes in Aid of Racketeering Activity?
- Conspiracy to Commit Murder for Gang Reversed on Appeal.
- Torrance DA Gang Expert’s Testimony Insufficient
- Gang Enhancement Vacated – Expert Opinion Speculative
- Heat of Passion for Manslaughter, Not Murder in Gang Killing
- People v. Sanchez, Proving Predicate Acts, Gang Crimes
- Gang Enhancements: How Does AB 333 Change 186.22?
- Gang Enhancements from 2007 Vacated under AB 333
- What Does AB 333 Change for Gang Enhancements?
- Modified Criminal Street Gang Enhancement Applied
- Does Immigration Consequences Warning Bar Plea Withdrawal?
- What to Do If One Is Questioned by an ICE Agent in Jail?
- What Is Penal Code § 1203.43? Who Does It Benefit?
- Is Carrying a Loaded Gun a Crime of Moral Turpitude?
- What Is Vacating a Conviction under Penal Code 1473.7?
- Strategies to Avoid Deportation on a Drug Offense
- Motion to Vacate Conviction for Wrong Immigration Advice?
- Failure to Advise Client of Immigration Consequences
- What Are Some Examples of Crimes Involving Moral Turpitude?
- Ineffective Assistance of Counsel Required in 1437.7 Relief?
- Does a DUI Affect DACA Eligibility? Immigration Bond?
- Motion to Vacate Plea under PC 1473.7 Properly Denied?
- Penal Code § 1437.7 – Can Failure to Advise be Excusable?
- U.S. Supreme Court Ruling on Bad Immigration Advice.
- Juvenile Criminal Proceedings & Immigration Issues.
- Immigration Holds and the California TRUST Act.
- What is the Immigrant Victims of Crime Equity Act?
- How Does the Vienna Convention Apply in an Arrest?
- Under Immigration Law, Is Perjury an Aggravated Felony?
- Immigration: Is Amended Penal Code § 18.5 Retroactive?
- Immigration: Aggravated Felonies Under Federal Law?
- Motion to Vacate under PC 1473.7 – Discrediting Defendant
- PC 1473.7 Motion to Vacate Grounds: Defendant’s Own Error?
- If Defendant Did Not Meaningfully Understand Deportability?
- Immigration: Removal for First Degree Residential Burglary?
- The Criminal Defense Attorney, Immigration Advice Duty
- Does a Judge Have Discretion to Find 1473.7 Motion Timely?
- What is Assembly Bill (AB) 1259 for PC § 1473.7?
- Can One File a 1473.7 Motion to Vacate While in Custody?
Improper Traffic Stops / 911 Calls
Drug Evidence Suppressed When Police Improperly Stop Vehicle
Anonymous 911 Call Admitted into Evidence without Authentication?
Can a Visual Estimation of Speed Suffice for a Traffic Stop?
(Jail / Prison/ House Arrest Articles Continued on Next Page)
FOR ARTICLE TOPICS FROM JAIL / PRISON / HOUSE ARREST CONTINUED TO MENTAL COMPETENCY / CAPACITY CLICK HERE.