Articles by Topic or Issue (Jail / Prison / House Arrest Continued - Mental Competency / Capacity)
Jail / Prison / House Arrest Continued
- Custody Credit for Presentence Electronic Home Monitoring?
- Under Prop 57, What Is Full Term for the Primary Offense?
- What Is Escape (PC 4532(b)(1)) If One Is on GPS Monitoring?
- Must I Still Go to Jail or Prison if I am Disabled?
- Do Conduct Credits Change After My Case Reduced Per Prop 47?
- Be Very Careful What You Say Over the Phone from Jail!
- Do Good Time, Work Time Credits Apply to House Arrest?
- What Is House Arrest with GPS or SCRAM Monitoring?
- When & Why Can a Court Reduce Good Time Credits to 15%?
- Why Eliminating Bail Makes Defense Attorneys Critical
- What’s Needed for Compassionate Release from Prison?
- What is a State Court Petition for Writ of Habeas Corpus?
- Is SB 1437 Unconstitutional by Conflict with Prop 7?
- Compassionate Release – Is Judge’s Discretion Unlimited?
- CDCR Acted with Deliberate Indifference to Risks of COVID-19
- Do Excess Custody Credits Apply to Parole if 1437 Granted?
- Parole Revocation: What Burden of Proof Applies?
- May a Judge Terminate Parole under Penal Code 1203.2(b)(1)?
- Do In-Prison Offenses Bar Release on Elderly Parole?
- 1 Strike Offender Eligible for Youth Offender Parole Hearing
- How Does One Correct Time Credits from Prison or Jail?
- Habeas Relief and Good Cause under Rhines v. Weber
- What Is Vehicle Code § 41500(a) for Those in Custody?
- Compassionate Release, Federal Custody: Requirements?
- Penal Code § 3000.01 Can Limit Parole to Two Years
- Illegal Inmate Disciplinary Hearing Not Moot by Time
- Does Penal Code § 3051 Violate Equal Protection?
- Preconviction Custody Credit for Home Detention Time?
- What’s Allowed in Mail to Someone in Jail or Prison?
- Federal Motion for Compassionate Release Changes
No More Presumptive Life Term for Certain Juvenile Offenders
What Is the WIC 654 Program for Juveniles Accused of Crimes?
What’s J.O.I.N. & Who’s Eligible for This Diversion Program?
Juvenile Found in Possession of Less Than an Ounce of Marijuana
Is Life with No Possibility of Parole (LWOP) OK for Juvenile?
Convictions for Trespass and Vandalism for Juvenile Are Reversed
- Can Prop 47 Relief Be Barred for a Juvenile Record?
- What Does Prop 57 Do for Juvenile Cases in Adult Court?
- Is a Juvenile Probation Condition of No Electronics Proper?
- Prop 57 Requires a Fitness Hearing for Juvenile’s Retrial
- Do Arbuckle Rights Apply to a Juvenile Restitution Hearing?
- Court Rules That Prop 57 Is Not Retroactive for Juveniles
- Is a Gang-Related Juvenile Probation Condition Always OK?
- Juvenile Probation Condition Requiring Classes Affirmed
- Is Prop 57's Juvenile Filing Provision Retroactive?
- What Is Teen Court and How Does It Work? What Happens?
- What Is Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor (PC 272)?
- What Is the Punishment & Defenses to Having a Fake ID?
- How Does SB395 Give Juveniles Extra Miranda Protection?
- What Is the Law on Vaping by Juveniles? Punishment?
- When Is a Search of a Student at a Public School OK?
- Can a Minor Violate PC 148(a)(1) in a Warrantless Detention?
- Juvenile Probation Condition Too Vague So Ruled Invalid
- When Can a Prior Juvenile Offense Be Used As a Prior?
- Is Mental Health Diversion Available in Juvenile Court?
- Is Senate Bill 1391 Unconstitutional under Prop 57?
- Does Mental Health Diversion Apply in Juvenile Court?
- Does Senate Bill 1391 Undermine Prop 57’s Intent?
- Franklin Hearing – Tough Case for Silence at Sentencing
- What is JAWS – Juvenile Alternative Work Services?
- How’s a Juvenile Carjacking Adjudication Not a Strike?
- Franklin Hearings – Judge Can Decide if Testimony Needed.
- Remand When Judge Fails to Consider Youth-Related Factors?
- Sealing Juvenile Records Under WIC § 786(e)?
- Youth Offender Parole Hearing if LWOP & Juvenile?
- Juvenile LWOP: Must Permanent Incorrigibility Exist?
- Is Minor’s Attempted Robbery a WIC § 707(b) Offense?
- Life Sentence for Juvenile Affirmed, Youth Considered
Click Here to Go Directly to Violent Crime Articles
- Can a Mentally Disabled Offender (MDO) Waive a Jury Trial?
- What Is a Mentally Disordered Offender (MDO)? Consequences?
- Are Medicine Side Effects Considered in Criminal Sentencing?
- What Is Mental Disorder Diversion (Penal Code 1001.36)?
- What’s a Murphy Conservatorship If Someone Declares a Doubt?
- Can Mental Health Diversion Be Sought After Sentencing?
- A Lenient View of Mental Health Diversion
- Mental Health Diversion After a Final Judgement?
- Mental Health Diversion After a Trial & Jury Verdict?
- Is the Sex Offense Exception to Mental Health Diversion OK?
- Is SB 1187 Retroactive for Competency Commitments?
- Death Sentence Reversal & Defendant’s Mental Illness
- Mental Health Diversion Retroactivity Not Intended
- Prejudicial Error Committed by Denying Right to be Present?
- Ineffective Assistance of Counsel, Defendant’s Mental Health
- Incompetent to Stand Trial Have Right to Timely Services
- What is Substantial Evidence of Mental Incompetence?
- Limiting Mental Health Diversion Eligibility Until Plea
- How to Measure the Two-Year Involuntary Commitment
- Senate Bill 317 Isn’t Retroactive in Competency Cases
- Mental Health Diversion: Must Judge Always Consider?
- Commitment Extension Proceedings – No Wende Right?
FOR ARTICLE TOPICS FROM MILITARY / VETERANS TO POLICE CLICK HERE.