Articles by Topic or Issue (Military / Veterans - Miscellaneous)
DUI Double Jeopardy: Is Military NJP a Bar to Civilian Case?
- AB 865 – Recall & Resentencing for Military Veterans
- Resentencing for Military Veterans Under PC 1170.91(b)
- What is Penal Code 1170.91(h) for Veterans? When to Apply?
- Resentencing Military Veterans, Indeterminate Sentences?
- Penal Code § 1170.91(b) Resentencing (AB 865) Limitations
- Can Romero Motion Bypass 1170.91 Determinate Sentence Rule?
Miscellaneous / Offenses & Laws
- Fourteen New Criminal Laws to Take Effect in 2019
- Nine Criminal Laws Changed, Effective January 1, 2019
- Four New Post-Conviction Relief Laws Effective in 2019
- What Does the New Social Host Law in Palos Verdes Say?
- What Are the Important New Criminal Laws for 2020?
- What is a Writ of Coram Nobis? What is Required in It?
- Writ of Coram Nobis Denied When No New Fact Presented.
- What Are Some Post Conviction Options to Consider?
- New Criminal Laws for 2021 – Seven that Really Matter
- What is Required for Franklin Evidence Preservation?
- What is the Fugitive Disentitlement Doctrine (FDD)?
- Equal Protection, Similarly Situated, Disparate Effect
- Nine New Noteworthy Criminal Law Laws for 2022
- Defendant’s Judicial Bias Claim Involving DA Denied
What Is Trespassing (Penal Code § 602)? Defenses? Punishments?
Caught for Taking Undersized Lobsters? Punishment? Defenses?
What Is Unlawful Use of Tear Gas (Penal Code § 22810(g)(1))?
- What Is Bigamy (Penal Code §§ 281 to 284)? Punishment?
- A Civil Compromise No Longer Applies in a Hit and Run?
- Criminal Consequences for Unpaid Child or Spousal Support?
- When is a Dismissal via Civil Compromise Not Allowed?
- Dismissal in the Interests of Justice (Penal Code § 1385)?
- Secretly Recorded Admission in a Phone Call – Useable?
- Convicted Twice for Once Carrying Concealed Firearm?
What Should I Ask Before Hiring a Criminal Defense Attorney?
What’re the Phases of a Misdemeanor Case? What Happens When?
What’s Second Chance Women’s Re-Entry Court? Who’s Eligible?
Procedure for Identifying & Questioning Witnesses to a Crime
What Information May an Attorney Disclose in a Pending Case?
What Is Discriminatory Prosecution? What Is a Murgia Motion?
Are You the Target of Vindictive or Retaliatory Prosecution?
- I Was Convicted of a Felony – When & How Can I Vote?
- Can I Serve on a Jury After Being a Convicted Felon?
- What Are My Rights of Employment As a Convicted Felon?
- When Are Polygraph (Lie Detectors) Results Admissible?
- 8 Crimes That Lead to Suspension of One’s Driver’s License
- What Is Collateral Estoppel and When Does It Apply?
- When Is Evidence of Silence Not an Adoptive Admission?
- Double Jeopardy? Murder Charge After Plea to Accessory
- Is Failure to Testify Overt Act, Accessory After Fact?
- When Does Successive Petition Bar Habeas Petition?
- Writ of Habeas Corpus Granted When DA Says Issue Moot.
- Subpoena Facebook & 7-Factor Alhambra v. Superior Court Test
- Case Dismissed by Judge During Trial for Brady Violations
- Breaking a Phone – Dissuading a Witness (PC 136.1)?
- Change of Venue Based on Heinous Crimes Alleged?
- State of Mind Exception to Prior Uncharged Acts Evidence.
- Does Wende Apply to Appeal Denying 1170.95 Relief?
- Conviction for Recording Confidential Communications?
- Opening the Door on Character Evidence (Evidence Code 1102(a))?
- Penal Code 632.7, Unlawfully Recording Communications
- Improper Photo Lineup: When is it Unduly Suggestive?
- What Are Improper Grounds for Dismissal under PC 1385?
- When Does the Marital Privilege End During Divorce?
- AB 124: Intimidate Partner Violence or Sexual Violence
- Motion to Vacate Denied Under PC 1473.7(a)(1) Affirmed
- I Want to Appeal, But How? When? Deadlines?
- Appeals: In an Opening Brief, What Should be Stated?
- Helpful Information About Subpoenas for Documents & Videos
- The Right to Subpoena Electronically Stored Information
- Taking a Deposition in a Criminal Case Out of State
- What is a Petition for a Writ of Coram Vobis?
FOR ARTICLE TOPICS FROM MURDER TO POLICE CLICK HERE.