Articles by Topic or Issue (Military / Veterans - Police)
- AB 865 – Recall & Resentencing for Military Veterans
- Fourteen New Criminal Laws to Take Effect in 2019
- Nine Criminal Laws Changed, Effective January 1, 2019
- Four New Post-Conviction Relief Laws Effective in 2019
- What Does the New Social Host Law in Palos Verdes Say?
- What Are the Important New Criminal Laws for 2020?
- What is a Writ of Coram Nobis? What is Required in It?
- Writ of Coram Nobis Denied When No New Fact Presented.
- What Are Some Post Conviction Options to Consider?
- What Is Bigamy (Penal Code §§ 281 to 284)? Punishment?
- A Civil Compromise No Longer Applies in a Hit and Run?
- Criminal Consequences for Unpaid Child or Spousal Support?
- When is a Dismissal via Civil Compromise Not Allowed?
- Dismissal in the Interests of Justice (Penal Code § 1385)?
- Secretly Recorded Admission in a Phone Call – Useable?
- Convicted Twice for Once Carrying Concealed Firearm?
- I Was Convicted of a Felony – When & How Can I Vote?
- Can I Serve on a Jury After Being a Convicted Felon?
- What Are My Rights of Employment As a Convicted Felon?
- When Are Polygraph (Lie Detectors) Results Admissible?
- 8 Crimes That Lead to Suspension of One’s Driver’s License
- What Is Collateral Estoppel and When Does It Apply?
- When Is Evidence of Silence Not an Adoptive Admission?
- Double Jeopardy? Murder Charge After Plea to Accessory
- Is Failure to Testify Overt Act, Accessory After Fact?
- When Does Successive Petition Bar Habeas Petition?
- Writ of Habeas Corpus Granted When DA Says Issue Moot.
- Subpoena Facebook & 7-Factor Alhambra v. Superior Court Test
- Case Dismissed by Judge During Trial for Brady Violations
Murder / Attempted Murder
- What Is Senate Bill 1437 (SB 1437)? Who Is Eligible?
- Can Voluntary Intoxication Support Murder Self Defense?
- What Is the Flannel Doctrine of Imperfect Self-Defense?
- What Is Needed for a Successful Petition under SB 1437?
- SB 1437 and Murder As Natural & Probable Consequences?
- In Lying-in-Wait Murder, What Degree for Aider & Abettor?
- Senate Bill 1437 Does Not Apply to Attempted Murder.
- Murder? Doctor Prescribes High Dose of Controlled Substance
- Does SB 1437 Include a Conviction for Manslaughter?
- Requirements for Murder Special Circumstance Sentence?
- Is Relief Under SB1437 Automatic? Must One Ask for It?
- Ineffective Assistance of Counsel and Death Sentence.
- Premeditation Based on Natural and Probable Consequences?
- What May Judge Review in SB 1437 Motion (PC 1170.95)?
- What are the Limits of the Kill Zone Theory?
- SB 1437, Major Participant, Reckless Indifference
- Can SB 1437 Apply to Murder When a Provocative Act?
- People v. Cardenas - The Limits of the Kill Zone Theory.
Click Here to Go Directly to Violent Crime Articles
(Police Articles Continued on Next Page)
FOR ARTICLE TOPICS FROM POLICE CONTINUED TO PROP 47 CLICK HERE.