Articles by Topic or Issue (Court Continued)
What Happens and What's the Purpose of a Preliminary Hearing?
Can I Disqualify the Judge If I Think He or She Is Prejudiced?
Can't I Tell the Judge & Prosecutor That I'm a Good Person!?
Dissuading a Witness by Invoking Muslim Custom As Resolution
The Right to Challenge a Probation Fee Forfeited by Silence?
If Child Witness Refuses to Testify, 6th Amendment Violated?
- If Jury Not Instructed on Provocation Defense, Reversal?
- Did the Judge Discharge a Juror and You Were Convicted?
- Why Is Trial So Expensive? Why Can’t It Cost $1,000?
- What’s Second Chance Women’s Re-Entry Court? Who’s Eligible?
- What Is Drug Court? Who Is Eligible and Ineligible?
- What Is the Sentenced Offender Drug Court (SODC)? Diversion?
- What Is Co-Occurring Disorders Court (CODC)? Jail Involved?
- May a Judge Limit Voir Dire to 25 Minutes in a Murder Trial?
- I Want to Change the Courthouse (Venue) for My Case. Can I?
- How Do I Prevent My Prior Conviction from Being Impeachment?
- I’m Going to Lie in Court – What Happens If I’m Caught?
- The Prosecutor Was Unethical in Trial and Won – Now Appeal?
- Can One Demurrer to a Criminal Complaint? On What Basis?
- What Are Some Affirmative Defenses for a Preliminary Hearing?
- What Is the Corpus Delicti Rule About Sufficient Evidence?
- Ten Motions That May Be Made at a Preliminary Hearing
- Procedure for Identifying & Questioning Witnesses to a Crime
- Reversal for Inaccurate Description of Reasonable Doubt?
- Can I Get a Copy of My File from the Court and If So, How?
- Eleven Common Criminal Law Motions to Consider Early
- Six Motions to Consider Filing for Rulings Before Trial
- May a Judge Exclude My Family from the Courtroom in Trial?
- What Rights Do Pro Per Defendants Have for Their Defense?
- How and When Does One Seek a Continuance of a Hearing?
- Do You Need a Hearing Delayed for More Time to Prepare?
- Are You Missing an Important Witness for a Hearing?
- When Can One Disqualify a Judge from Hearing a Case?
- What Is an Extradition Hearing and How to Fight Extradition
- Is a Prior Arrest (Only) Admissible to Impeach Defendant?
- If Representing Oneself, Ten Things to Never Say in Court
- Can a Judge Order a Wife to Testify Against Her Husband?
- Why Use an Eyewitness Identification Expert at Trial?
- How to Prevent the Admission of Photographic Evidence?
- What Can I Do to Keep Out a Confession or an Admission?
- What’s the Insufficient Evidence Standard in a 995 Motion?
- What Are Some Common Sufficiency of Evidence Issues?
- What Are the 5 Factors the Judge Considers to Change Venue?
- If You Had to Hire an Attorney, What Would You Want Done?
- Is Voir Dire Now Better Described As Voir Google?
- In Selecting a Jury, Who Is an Ineligible Juror and Why?
- Can a Judge Halt Trial Part Way If Defendant Acts Odd?
- Be Careful About Being Granted Immunity and Not Testifying
- What Is Second Call? Will the Judge or Prosecutor Be Mad?
- Can a Criminal Defendant Request New Counsel Anytime?
- Which Court Is Proper If Crime Occurs on a Moving Train?
- No Cash Bail & Arraignment Deadline for One in Custody
- Defendant’s Right Not to Testify & Not Take the Stand
- If Jurors Discuss Defendant Not Testifying, Prejudice?
- New Laws for Jury Selection (CCP 222.5) Effective in 2019
- Will They File a Case? If No, Why Not? If Yes, Why?
- Should I Go to Court with My Attorney Even If Not Required?
- Why One Should Not Represent Oneself If Charged with a Crime
- Can False Testimony Support Habeas Corpus Relief?
- Is It a Crime to Talk in Court with Someone in Custody?
- What Is Evidence Code § 1161(b) and When Does It Apply?
- Why Is Credibility Important in a Criminal Case?
- Did the Prosecutor Threaten Perjury If Defendant Testifies?
- What is the Official Records Hearsay Exception (EC § 1280)?
- Latest U.S. Supreme Court Ruling on Racism in Picking a Jury
- Is Federal Court Routine Policy of Shackling Constitutional?
- Conviction Reversed for Girlfriend’s Tirade to Jury?
- Convictions Reversed When Prosecutor Misstates Law
FOR MORE ARTICLE TOPICS FROM COURT TO CRIMINAL THREATS, CLICK HERE.