Articles by Topic or Issue
TO READ ARTICLES PERTAINING TO SPECIFIC CRIMINAL LAW TOPICS OR ISSUES, PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW.
4th Amendment / Search & Seizure/ Evidence
5th Amendment / Miranda Rights
6th Amendment / Speedy Trial & Confrontation
8th Amendment / Cruel & Unusual Punishment
Certificate of Rehabilitation / Pardon
Charge Levels (Felony, Misdemeanor, Infraction, Wobbler)
Court (Trials, Hearings, Procedures)
Criminal History / Internet / Fingerprints
Drug Offenses (Possession, Sales, Transport, Manufacture)
Expungement / Motion to Modify Probation
Improper Traffic Stops / 911 Calls
Miscellaneous / Laws & Offenses
Police (Pitchess Motion, Confession, Informant)
Prop 47 / Felony to Misdemeanor
Prop 57 / Parole for Non-Violent Criminals
Restraining Orders / Protective Orders
Seal & Destroy / Petition for Factual Innocence
Theft Offenses (Including Robbery & Burglary)
White Collar Crimes (Forgery, Fraud, Embezzlement)
The Categories below are in Alphabetical Order for your convenience.
4th Amendment / Search & Seizure / Evidence
Warrantless Search of FedEx Package Improper; Case Dismissed
Bedroom Search Based on Misinformation: Evidence Suppressed?
The Fruit of a Poisonous Tree Doctrine Applies to Admissions
- May a Homeowner Consent to Probation Search of a Guestroom?
- Cop Finds Meth in Car During I.D. Search: Meth Suppressed?
- Can a Suspect Prevent an Inventory Search by Locking a Car?
- What Is the Law on Challenging the Search of a Vehicle?
- What Is the Automobile Exception to the Warrant Requirement?
- Under Mandatory Supervision, Are Suspicionless Searches OK?
- Is a Search Incident to a Citation, Not an Arrest, Lawful?
- What Are Examples of a Legitimate Expectation of Privacy?
- What Is Traversing a Warrant (a Franks Motion)?
- What Is the Community Caretaker Exception to a Warrant?
- Is It Legal for Police to Search a Car with No Warrant?
- Motion to Suppress Granted When No Articulable Suspicion
- When Is a Police Pat-Down Search Valid – Bulges in Pockets?
- What Is an Inventory Search? When Is It Allowed?
- Suppressing Evidence with No Expectation of Privacy?
- Warrantless Placement of GPS Tracker on Parolee’s Car - OK?
- Beware of Who You “Friend” on Social Media – It May Be a Cop
- Motion to Suppress After Police Detention for DUI?
- What Is the Community Caretaking Warrant Exception?
- Stop and Frisk Improper When Anonymous Tip Involves Gun
- When May Police Search a Cellphone in an Inventory Search?
- Invalid Inventory Search of Car Vacates Conviction.
- Does Inventory Search Allow Removal of Car Dashboard?
- Traffic Stop OK if Registered Owner’s License Revoked?
- Can Cop Opening Car Door Be an Unconstitutional Search?
- After Prop 64, Marijuana & Probable Cause to Search Vehicle
- Probation Search: May Police Search Under Car Seat?
- Is a Warrantless Search OK Based on Smell of Smoke?
- If Misdemeanor Suspect Flees, Warrantless Home Search OK?
- Private Search Exception for Google Search Program?
- Odor of Burnt Pot Probable Cause to Search, Warrant?
(Seizure Articles Continued on Next Page)
FOR ARTICLE TOPICS FROM 4TH AMENDMENT CONTINUED TO 8TH AMENDMENT CLICK HERE.