Articles by Topic or Issue
TO READ ARTICLES PERTAINING TO SPECIFIC CRIMINAL LAW TOPICS OR ISSUES, PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW.
4th Amendment / Search & Seizure / Evidence
- May a Homeowner Consent to Probation Search of a Guestroom?
- Cop Finds Meth in Car During I.D. Search: Meth Suppressed?
- Can a Suspect Prevent an Inventory Search by Locking a Car?
- What Is the Law on Challenging the Search of a Vehicle?
- What Is the Automobile Exception to the Warrant Requirement?
- Under Mandatory Supervision, Are Suspicionless Searches OK?
- Is a Search Incident to a Citation, Not an Arrest, Lawful?
- What Are Examples of a Legitimate Expectation of Privacy?
- What Is Traversing a Warrant (a Franks Motion)?
- What Is the Community Caretaker Exception to a Warrant?
- Is It Legal for Police to Search a Car with No Warrant?
- Motion to Suppress Granted When No Articulable Suspicion
- When Is a Police Pat-Down Search Valid – Bulges in Pockets?
- What Is an Inventory Search? When Is It Allowed?
- Suppressing Evidence with No Expectation of Privacy?
- Warrantless Placement of GPS Tracker on Parolee’s Car - OK?
- Beware of Who You “Friend” on Social Media – It May Be a Cop
- Motion to Suppress After Police Detention for DUI?
- What Is the Community Caretaking Warrant Exception?
(Seizure Articles Continued on Next Page)
FOR ARTICLE TOPICS FROM 4TH AMENDMENT CONTINUED TO 8TH AMENDMENT CLICK HERE.