Drug Offense Articles
Articles Related to Being Arrested for Drug Charges:
- What Punishment Do I Face for Possession of Marijuana?
- The Police Did Not Read Me My Miranda Rights – Will My Case Be Dismissed?
- Be Careful Who Your Friends Are – You Can Be Arrested on a Warrantless Search
- When an Arrestee Is Detained, It Is Unconstitutional to Search a Car without a Warrant
- Drug Evidence Suppressed When Police Improperly Stops Vehicle
- Traffic Stop Ruled Improper and Evidence Seized by Police Suppressed When Officer Lacked Reasonable Suspicion to Stop Driver
- Search of FedEx Package Containing Marijuana Held Improper and Case Dismissed
- Police Use of GPS on Drug Dealer’s Car without a Warrant Held Improper; Evidence from It Thrown Out
- The Police Asked Me to Be an Informant- Should I?
- When One Admits to Having Marijuana, a Search Is Legal When an Arrest Follows
- Marijuana Smell Does Not Justify Warrantless Search of Hotel Room
- Suspected Ecstasy Drug Trafficker Successfully Challenges Search of His House Based on Faulty Search Warrant Affidavit
- Fourth Amendment Violated When Officers Search House After House Guest Lets DEA Agents into House
- Fourth Amendment Violated When Pomona Police Induce Doctor to Forcibly Remove Plastic Baggie with Cocaine from Arrestee’s Rectum
- Have a Cellphone? Arrested? New Case Says Police Need a Warrant to Search Your Phone Contents
- Honey Oil and Dabs Found Covered by the Medical Marijuana Compassionate Use Act (CUA), but Do Not Celebrate Yet
- U.S. Supreme Court Rules Dog Sniff of Car Improper After Officer Makes Routine Traffic Stop for Driving on the Shoulder of the Road
- What Is Manufacturing a Controlled Substance (H & S 11379.6)
- What Is Possession of Drug Paraphernalia (H & S § 11364)?
- What Is Possession of a Controlled Substance & the Defenses?
- What Is Transportation of a Controlled Substance (H&S 11352)?
- May Police Lie About the Reason for Traffic Stop?
- May a Homeowner Consent to Probation Search of a Guestroom?
- Does a Drug Dealer Face Civil Liability If Overdose Happens?
Click Here for General Articles Related to Traffic Stops and Contact with Police
Click Here for General Articles Related to Search and Seizure
Click Here for General Articles Related to Bail
Articles Related to Being in Court on Drug Charges:
- Is it Proper for the Prosecutor to Charge Me With More Than What Police Arrested Me For?
- What Should I Wear and Bring to Court?
- Why Hire Private Counsel? Why Shouldn't I Just Use the Public Defender?
- What is an Arraignment?
- What is a Preliminary Hearing?
- Owners of Venice Medical Marijuana Clinic May Be Charged With the Unlicensed Practice of Medicine Although They Did Not See Patients
- What is the Difference Between a Misdemeanor and a Felony?
- Did the Prosecution Violate Your Sixth Amendment Right to a Speedy Trial?
- Judge Makes Mistake in Allowing Letting Jury Hear Drug Cartel Evidence
- Sentence Set Aside When Federal Judge Makes Mistake
- Defendant’s Sixth Amendment Right to Cross-Examination Not Violated When Confidential Informant Testifies Wearing a Wig and Sunglasses
- Wiretap Information Leading to Seizure of 353 Kilograms of Cocaine Properly Denied to Defendant
- Which County Will Prosecute Me if I Committed a Crime in Two Different Counties?
- Beware: The Prosecution May Add Charges During Trial Based on Witness Testimony in Trial
- Convictions Overturned for Possession and Sales of Ecstasy When Based Only on Inference that its Chemical Name is an Illegal Controlled Substance
- A Medical Marijuana Certificate is Not Always a Valid Defense to a Charge of Possession for Sales
- Is it Illegal for the Government to Use an Informant With a Lengthy Criminal History in a Drug Investigation?
- How Does the Sixth Amendment Affect My Right to Cross Examine a Witness knowledge About a Lab Report?
- Trial on a Possession of a Controlled Substance, When the Substance is Marijuana and Below 28.5 Grams, Need Not Be Tricky
- Medical Marijuana Cultivation Expert Disqualified at Trial
- What Is Possession of Marijuana for Sales (H & S § 11359)?
Click Here for General Articles Related to Court Hearings
Click Here for General Articles Related to Trial on All Offenses
Articles Related to Sentencing For Drug Offense:
- A “No Contest” Plea to New Criminal Charges Can Constitute a Probation Violation.
- Federal Conviction of Importing Marijuana Overturned for Improper Use of Rap Sheet
- Appeals Court Overturns Alhambra Conviction for Possession of Ecstasy Pills
- Ecstasy Opinion by Court Sure to Cause Misery
- Cocaine Courier’s Sentence Not Reduced Due to Large Quantity Seized
- Prison Sentence? It May Be Served in County Jail Under a New California Law
- Drug Diversion Programs-Prop 36 Versus PC 1000
- What is Diversion, Delayed Entry of Plea and Deferred Entry of Judgement?
- What is Summary Probation?
- Judge May Prohibit Medical Marijuana Use as Term of Probation
- Immigration Consequences of a Conviction for a Drug Offense
- Removal Order Affirmed for Alien Convicted for Use of Drug Paraphernalia
- What is Split Sentencing?
- Sentencing Alternatives for Military Veterans Under Penal Code § 1170
- Can I Withdraw My Plea Based on Ineffective Assistance of Counsel?
- Conviction Reversed for District Attorney Withholding Evidence
- Conviction for Possession of Materials to Produce Methamphetamine Reversed
- Marijuana Grower’s Conviction for Voluntary Manslaughter Upheld from Killing Thief of His Crop
- Federal Judge Incorrectly Classifies Crack Seller as Career Offender
- Standard Probation Conditions Authorizing Police to Conduct Warrantless Searches, With or Without Probable Cause, Upheld on Appeal When Police Find Felon on Probation with Shotgun
- Defendant Does Not Have to Pay Restitution When Probation Terminated and Cases Dismissed
- Court Rules that, in Drug Case, a Probation Condition is Proper that Someone Not Associate With Others He Has Reason to Know are Drug Users
- Cooking Methamphetamine With Child Under 16 Present Involves Prison Sentence, Not County Jail Under AB109
- Cash Seized from Suspected Drug Dealer Returned to Him After Police, Rather than Prosecutor, Start Forfeiture Proceedings
- Court Incorrectly Grants Certificate of Rehabilitation by Not Evaluating Recent Drug Offense
- Is Expungement Worth it?
- How Do I Have My Arrest Record Sealed and Destroyed?
- The Post Release Community Supervision Act of 2011 Regarding New Drug Offenses Violates Prop 36, the Court of Appeal Finds.
- What Probation Conditions Are Unconstitutionally Vague?
- Prop 47 Relief on Prior Drug Convictions – Where to File?
- Cultivating Marijuana Conviction and Prop 47 – Eligible?
- What’s Spice and What Punishment for Its Possession or Sale?
- What Is Possession of a Controlled Substance for Sale?
- What Is Possession of Meth for Sales (H & S § 11378)?
- What Does It Mean to Be a Registered Narcotics Offender?
- What Are My Rights to Marijuana Now That Prop 64 Has Passed?
Articles Related to Visiting One in Jail:
- If Visiting One in Jail, Be Careful What You Bring With You!
- Witness Intimidation Can Make Admissible Otherwise Inadmissible Hearsay
- Seven Years to Life Sentence for Dissuading a Witness for Benefit of a Gang Reversed Because No Force Threatened
- Is My Call from Jail to My Attorney Really Private?
Click Here for General Articles Related to Sentencing and Probation
Click Here for General Articles Related to Visiting Someone in Jail