Torrance Courthouse Domestic Violence Results
The Torrance Courthouse handles misdemeanor Domestic Violence offenses in three courtrooms (P, 2 and 5) in general. The misdemeanor cases start in Department 3 with Judge David Reinert and then proceed to P, 2 and 5.
Felony Domestic Violence’s can be heard in many more courtrooms, but usually start in Department 4 on the second floor with Judge Thomas Sokolov, proceed to Department 8 with Judge Nicole Bershon and then are assigned to one of several courtrooms and judges upstairs.
Which department hears a particular misdemeanor case is determined by where the arrest took place. Arrests in Torrance are assigned to Department P on the fourth floor with Judge George Bird. Arrests in Hermosa Beach and Manhattan Beach are assigned to Department 2, before Judge Rene Gilbertson on the second floor. Arrests in Gardena, Lawndale and Redondo Beach are assigned to Department 5, before Judge Amy Carter.
For Torrance Courthouse contact information and a Google Map, please click here.
Each department has one or more prosecutors assigned to it. Over time, prosecutors are transferred to other courtrooms. Prosecutors also change in their approach to domestic violence cases, some more than others.
Consequently, in presenting the case summaries below, we caution the reader not to expect a similar result because no case can have completely and exactly the same facts and the prosecutors do change.
However, the domestic violence results below do help the reader understand how past cases have resolved and what is possible.
Please see our domestic violence results, by city, by clicking on the cities listed below and viewing detailed descriptions of each case.Gardena Domestic Violence Results
Gardena, Two Lesbians Fight, No Injuries, Our Client Arrested for Misdemeanor Domestic Violence (Penal Code s 243(e)(1)) and Criminal Threats (Penal Code § 422), Greg Hill Discusses Case with Handling Detective, No File in Torrance Court
- Third-Time Domestic Violence Case, Torrance, Joint Suspended
- Gardena, Domestic Violence Arrest, Client an LVN, No File
- Felony Domestic Violence, Torrance, 2nd Time, No Jail
- Gardena, Client Allegedly Chokes Wife, Arrested, No File
- Hermosa Beach, Domestic Violence Arrest, No File by Court
- Lomita, Domestic Violence (P.C. § 243(e)(1)), No File
- Lomita, Domestic Violence (PC § 273.5(a)), No File
- Lomita, Felony Domestic Violence & Probation Violation
- Lomita, Felony Domestic Violence with Garbage Disposal
- Palos Verdes, Felony Domestic Violence Arrest, No File Later
- Palos Verdes, Domestic Violence Case, Mental Disorder Diversion
Two Redondo Beach Domestic Violence Cases Consolidated into One, Plus a Witness Intimidation Allegation (Penal Code § 136.1) and Violation of Protective Order (Penal Code § 166(a)(4)), Resolved for No Jail
- Redondo Beach, Man Nearly Bites Off Female’s Ear, No Jail
- Torrance, Domestic Violence Case Resolved for PC 415
- Torrance, Domestic Violence, Four Counts, Strangling Victim
- Torrance, Domestic Violence with Knives, Plea to 242
- Domestic Case with Prior from 2006, No File, Torrance