Sex Offense Articles
Articles Related to Being Arrested for a Sex OffenseClick Here for General Articles Related to Traffic Stops and Contact with Police
Click Here for General Articles Related to Search and Seizure
Click Here for General Articles Related to Bail
Articles Related to Being in Court on a Sex Offense ChargeClick Here for General Articles Related to Court Hearings
Click Here for General Articles Related to Trial on All Offenses
Articles Related to Sentencing for a Sex Offense
Click Here for General Articles Related to Sentencing and Probation
- A “No Contest” Plea to New Criminal Charges Can Constitute a Probation Violation
- What is Summary Probation?
- Conviction Overturned for Lewd Acts upon a Child
- Pandering Conviction Upheld When “Victim” is Already a Prostitute
- Prison Sentence? It May Be Served in County Jail Under a New California Law
- Orange County’s Standard Sex Offender Probation Conditions, Imposed in Hundreds of Cases Since 2003, are Unconstitutional
- California Federal Court Errs in Imposing Residency Restriction on Man Who Has Illegal Sex Overseas
- Judge May Prohibit Medical Marijuana Use as a Term of Probation
- What is Private Jail?
- Consecutive Sentences, Not Concurrent Sentences, Upheld in Forcible Sex Case
- Plea Bargaining by the Judge is Illegal – Not an Indicated Sentence
- What is Split Sentencing?
- Sentencing Alternatives for Military Veterans Under Penal Code § 1170.9
- Conviction Reversed for District Attorney Withholding Evidence
- Assembly Bill 327 (AB 327) – The Fix for Unfairness in California’s Three Strikes Law
- Enhanced Sentence Upheld on Appeal for Sex Crime Defendant Who Already was a Penal Code § 290 Registrant
- Thirty Years to Life Sentence for Juvenile Sex Crime Defendant Not Cruel and Unusual Punishment
- Standard Probation Conditions Authorizing Police to Conduct Warrantless Searches, With or Without Probable Cause, Upheld on Appeal When Police Find Felon on Probation With Shotgun
- Defendant Does Not Have to Pay Restitution When Probation Terminated and Cases Dismissed
- What Punishment Do I Face for Public Urination?
- What Punishment Do I Face for a Charge of Prostitution?
- What Punishment Do I Face for Making Annoying Phone Calls or Texts (Penal Code § 653m(a) or (b))?
- What is Diversion, Delayed Entry of Plea and Deferred Entry of Judgement?
- Expungement of an Infraction?
- Under New Three Strikes Law, Man is Ineligible for Resentencing for His Spousal Rape Conviction
- Expungement is Available for Attempted Sex Offense Under Penal Code § 288 When Defendant Successfully Completes Probation
- Probation Condition Vacated for Sex Offender that He May Not Date Anyone With Custody of a Minor Without Prior Approval of the Probation Officer
- Restitution Award of $3.4 Million Vacated Against Possessor of Child Pornography
- Judge May Properly Restrict Sex Offender’s Internet Use Because Defendant Failed to Object to this at Trial
- Rape Conviction Overturned Because Judge Mistakenly Allowed Kidnapping Victim to Testify About Uncharged Act
- Is Expungement Worth It?
- How Do I Have My Arrest Record Sealed and Destroyed?
- Can I Withdraw My Plea Based on Ineffective Assistance of Counsel?
- Ten Years Not Seven, the Required Waiting Period for One Requesting a Certificate of Rehabilitation for Charge of Annoying a Child (Penal Code § 647.6(a)(1))
- Court Upholds Law Requiring Sexually Violent Predator to Report Whereabouts at Local Police Station Every 90 Days
- What Convictions Require Registration as a Sex Offender under Penal Code § 290?
- What is a Sexually Violent Predator (SVP)?
- Can One Be Convicted of Two Counts of Rape for a Single Act, i.e. Rape of an Intoxicated Person and Rape an Unconscious Person?
- Police Fail to Notify 290 Registrant of Duty to Re-Register
- Beware of the Civil Consequences of a DUI or Sex Case
- Teen Avoids Strike under One Strike Law in Sex Crime
- Convictions for Pimping & Pandering With Character Evidence
- Can a Judge Require Polygraph Tests for Sex Offenders?
- Does Life Without Parole Possibility Violate 8th Amendment?
- Restitution Proper in Sex Offense Case for Mental Suffering
- Is Negligently Late-Filed Petition to Commit an SVP Barred?
- May a Judge Commit One As an SVP Before His Sentence Ends?
- Can a Judge Condition Probation on a Fifth Amendment Waiver?
Click Here for General Articles Related to Visiting Someone in Jail
Articles Related to Registering as a Sex Offender