Torrance Courthouse Drug Offense Results
The Torrance Courthouse handles misdemeanor drug offense offenses in three courtrooms (2, 5 and P) in general. The misdemeanor cases start in Department 3 with Judge David Reinert and then proceed to 2, 5 and P.
Judge Rene Gilbertson is in Department 2 and hears matters arising in Hermosa Beach, Palos Verdes and Manhattan Beach. Judge Amy Carter is in Department 5 and hears matters arising in Redondo Beach and Gardena. Judge George Bird is in Department P and hears matters arising in Torrance and Lomita.
Felony drug offenses can be heard in many more courtrooms, but usually start in Department 4 with Judge Thomas Sokolov, proceed to Department 8 with Judge Nicole Bershon for a preliminary hearing and then are assigned to one of several courtrooms.
Each department has one or more prosecutors assigned to it. Over time, prosecutors are transferred to other courtrooms and to other courthouses. Prosecutors also change in their approach to drug cases, some more than others.
For Torrance Courthouse contact information and a Google Map, please click here.
Consequently, in presenting the case summaries below, we caution the reader not to expect a similar result because no case can have exactly the same facts and the prosecutors do change.
However, the drug offense results below do help the reader understand how past cases have resolved and what is possible.
Please see our drug offense results, by city, by clicking on the cities listed below and reading a detailed description of each case.Gardena Drug Offense Results
- Torrance, Man under the Influence of a Controlled Substance
- Lomita, Possession of Meth, Second Offense, No Jail
Palos Verdes Estates Drug Offense Results
- Possession of Cocaine, Palos Verdes Estates, Dismissal
- Palos Verdes Drug Possession, Judicial Diversion, Dismissal
- Torrance, Possession of Meth, Caught While Stealing Food
- Torrance, Possession of Meth (H & S § 11377), DA Diversion
- Torrance, Possession of Meth for Sales; Plea to Possession
- Torrance, DUI Based on Drugs, Possession of Drug for Sales
- Torrance, Possession of Ketamine in De Portola Park, PC 1000