White Collar Crimes Articles
- The Police Did Not Read Me My Miranda Rights – Will My Case Be Dismissed?
- Be Careful Who Your Friends are – You Can Be Arrested on a Warrantless Search
- When an Arrestee is Detained, it is Unconstitutional to Search a Car Without a Warrant
- Bail and Can it Be Reduced?
- Fish and Game Violation? Do Not Take it Lightly – It May Become a Federal Case!
- Do You Face Charges Related to a Chop Shop (VC § 10801)?
- What is Auto Insurance Fraud (Penal Code §§ 548 – 551)?
- What Is Insurance Fraud? The Punishment? Defenses?
- Is Possession of Counterfeit Money Subject to Prop 47?
- What Is Check Kiting? The Defenses? The Punishment?
- What Is Extortion or Blackmail? The Defenses? Punishment?
- What Is Money Laundering? The Defenses? The Punishment?
- What Is Identity Theft? The Defenses? Punishment?
- What Is Internet Fraud? The Defenses? The Punishment?
Click Here for General Articles Related to Search and Seizure
Click Here for General Articles Related to Bail
Articles Related to Being in Court for White Collar Crimes
- What Should I Wear and Bring to Court?
- Why Hire Private Counsel? Why Shouldn't I just Use the Public Defender?
- What is an Arraignment?
- Is it Proper for the Prosecutor to Charge Me With More than What Police Arrested Me for?
- Which County Will Prosecute Me if I Committed a Crime in Two Different Counties?
- Owners of Venice Medical Marijuana Clinic May Be Charged With the Unlicensed Practice of Medicine Although They Did Not See Patients
- Cab Driver Who Sold Burned Copies of Adobe Software is Guilty of Copyright Infringement Because He Knew His Copying Was Illegal
- What is Misdemeanor Pre-Trial Hearing?
- What is a Wobbler and May a Felony Be Changed to a Misdemeanor?
- What is a Felony Preliminary Hearing Setting Conference?
- What is a Preliminary Hearing?
- Conspiracy Liability Very Broad – Beware
- Conviction Reversed for District Attorney Withholding Evidence
- Fifth Amendment Rights Violated When DA Points to Silence as Evidence of Guilt
- If You Receive Miranda Warnings, Your Talking and Subsequent Silence to Certain Questions Can Be Used Against You as Adoptive Admissions
- Unruly Defendant Removed from Courtroom is Not Entitled to Have Audio or Video Feed to Hear or See Continued Testimony in Trial
- When a Pitchess Motion is Granted, the Judge Must Review the Police Officer’s Confidential Personnel Records Rather than Delegate such Review to Another Person
- Conviction for Sale of Counterfeit Items (Penal Code § 350(a)(2)) Upheld Even Though Customers Knew the Items Were Fake
Click Here for General Articles Related to Trial on All Offenses
Articles Related to Sentencing for White Collar Crimes
- What is Split Sentencing?
- A “No Contest” Plea to New Criminal Charges Can Constitute a Probation Violation
- Judge May Prohibit Medical Marijuana Use as Term of Probation
- What is Summary Probation?
- Trademark Infringement Is Counterfeiting, so is it an Aggravated Felony for Removal Purposes?
- In Counterfeit DVD and CD Case, Victim Cannot Recover Potential Economic Loss
- Sentencing Alternatives for Military Veterans Under Penal Code § 1170.9
- What is Private Jail?
- Can I Withdraw My Plea Based on Ineffective Assistance of Counsel?
- Plea Bargaining by the Judge is Illegal – Not an Indicated Sentence
- Is Assembly Bill 327 (AB 327) the Fix for Unfairness in California’s Three Strikes Law?
- Conviction Upheld for Possession of an Assault Weapon Although AK-47 Disassembled
- Standard Probation Conditions Authorizing Police to Conduct Warrantless Searches, With or Without Probable Cause, Upheld on Appeal When Police Find Felon on Probation With Shotgun
- May a Sentence Enhancement Be Applied Twice on the Same Defendant for Acts on the Same Victim in the Same Day?
- Defendant Does Not Have to Pay Restitution When Probation Terminated and Cases Dismissed
- Defendant Violates Probation on a Seven-Year Joint Suspended Prison Sentence; Under AB109, Sentenced to Seven Years in County Jail
- Can Someone Be Convicted of Three Crimes By Attempting to Buy Something Within a Fraudulent Check?
- Federal Health Care Fraud Sentence Valid Despite Allegedly Anti-Immigrant Comments Made by Judge
- Is Expungement Worth it?
- How Do I Have My Arrest Record Sealed and Destroyed?
- Extortion Conviction Affirmed for Website Owner & Operator
- Demurrer in Workers’ Compensation and Taxation Fraud Case
Click Here for General Articles Related to Visiting Someone in Jail