Probation Violation Articles
Articles Related to Being Arrested for Probation Violation
- The Police Did Not Read Me My Miranda Rights – Will My Case Be Dismissed?
- After Receiving Miranda Warnings, a Suspect’s Silence to Only Certain Questions Can Be Used Against Him
- Fifth Amendment Rights Violated When DA Points to Silence as Evidence of Guilt
- Be Careful Who Your Friends are – You Can Be Arrested on a Warrantless Search
- Conspiracy Liability Very Broad – Beware
Articles Related to Being in Court for a Probation Violation
- What Should I Wear and Bring to Court?
- Why Hire Private Counsel? Why Shouldn't I Just Use the Public Defender?
- What is an Arraignment?
- Three Month Lapse Between Arrest and Probation Violation Hearing Does Not Violate One’s Right to a Timely Hearing
- Judge May Prohibit Medical Marijuana Use as a Term of Probation
- When Can a Judge Attach Conditions to Bail or Deny Bail?
- What is a “Trial Tax?”
Articles Related to Sentencing:
- A “No Contest” Plea to New Criminal Charges Can Constitute a Probation Violation
- What Punishment Do I Face for a Probation Violation?
- Prison Sentence? It May Be Served in County Jail Under a New California Law
- Restitution Award is Proper from One Who Did Not Even Participate in Theft
- Second Probation Violation Hearing Improper After First Hearing Ended
- How Do I Have My Arrest Record Sealed and Destroyed?
- Plea Bargaining by the Judge is Illegal – Not an Indicated Sentence
- What is Private Jail?
- Is Expungement Worth it?
- Defendant Does Not Have to Pay Restitution When Probation Terminated and Cases Dismissed
- What Happens If ProbationiIs Revoked and There is a Violation After the Probationary Period Ends?
- Defendant Violates Probation on a Seven-Year Joint Suspended Prison Sentence; Under AB109, Sentenced to Seven Years in County Jail
- AB109 Does Not Always Change Prison Sentence to County Jail Sentence, Even When the Offense is Commercial Burglary (P.C. 459)
- May a Judge Order Additional Restitution if Defendant Violates Probation?
Articles Related to Visiting One in Jail:
- If Visiting One in Jail, Be Careful What You Bring With You!
- Witness Intimidation Can Make Admissible Otherwise Inadmissible Hearsay
- Is My Call From Jail to My Attorney Really Private?