Probation Violation Articles
Articles Related to Being Arrested for Probation Violation
- The Police Did Not Read Me My Miranda Rights – Will My Case Be Dismissed?
- After Receiving Miranda Warnings, a Suspect’s Silence to Only Certain Questions Can Be Used Against Him
- Fifth Amendment Rights Violated When DA Points to Silence as Evidence of Guilt
- Be Careful Who Your Friends are – You Can Be Arrested on a Warrantless Search
- Conspiracy Liability Very Broad – Beware
Click Here for General Articles Related to Traffic Stops and Contact with Police
Click Here for General Articles Related to Search and Seizure
Articles Related to Being in Court for a Probation Violation
- What Should I Wear and Bring to Court?
- Why Hire Private Counsel? Why Shouldn't I Just Use the Public Defender?
- What is an Arraignment?
- Three Month Lapse Between Arrest and Probation Violation Hearing Does Not Violate One’s Right to a Timely Hearing
- Judge May Prohibit Medical Marijuana Use as a Term of Probation
- When Can a Judge Attach Conditions to Bail or Deny Bail?
- What is a “Trial Tax?”
Click Here for General Articles Related to Court Hearings
Articles Related to Sentencing:
- A “No Contest” Plea to New Criminal Charges Can Constitute a Probation Violation
- What Punishment Do I Face for a Probation Violation?
- Prison Sentence? It May Be Served in County Jail Under a New California Law
- Restitution Award is Proper from One Who Did Not Even Participate in Theft
- Second Probation Violation Hearing Improper After First Hearing Ended
- How Do I Have My Arrest Record Sealed and Destroyed?
- Plea Bargaining by the Judge is Illegal – Not an Indicated Sentence
- What is Private Jail?
- Is Expungement Worth it?
- Defendant Does Not Have to Pay Restitution When Probation Terminated and Cases Dismissed
- What Happens If ProbationiIs Revoked and There is a Violation After the Probationary Period Ends?
- Defendant Violates Probation on a Seven-Year Joint Suspended Prison Sentence; Under AB109, Sentenced to Seven Years in County Jail
- AB109 Does Not Always Change Prison Sentence to County Jail Sentence, Even When the Offense is Commercial Burglary (P.C. 459)
- May a Judge Order Additional Restitution if Defendant Violates Probation?
Articles Related to Visiting One in Jail:
- If Visiting One in Jail, Be Careful What You Bring With You!
- Witness Intimidation Can Make Admissible Otherwise Inadmissible Hearsay
- Is My Call From Jail to My Attorney Really Private?