Domestic Violence Articles
Click Here for General Articles Related to Traffic Stops and Contact with Police
Click Here for General Articles Related to Search and Seizure
Click Here for General Articles Related to Bail
Articles Related to Being in Court for Domestic Violence Charges:
- What Should I Wear and Bring to Court?
- Why Hire Private Counsel? Why Shouldn't I just Use the Public Defender?
- What is an Arraignment?
- Is it Proper for the Prosecutor to Charge Me with More Than What Police Arrested Me For?
- What is Misdemeanor Pre-Trial Hearing?
- What is a Felony Preliminary Hearing Setting Conference?
- What is a Preliminary Hearing?
- What is the Difference Between a Misdemeanor and a Felony?
- Will the Prosecutor Dismiss the Domestic Violence Case if the Victim Will Not Testify or Appear at Trial?
- Should I Waive a Jury Trial and Instead Have a Bench Trial?
- When Can a Judge Attach Conditions to Bail or Deny Bail?
- Domestic Violence Case Filed in California Dismissed Because Acts Took Place in Hawaii
- Defendant is Guilty of Dissuading a Witness from Testifying When He Asks Victim to Settle Dispute through Muslim Custom and Not Trial
- I Face a Civil Restraining Order for Domestic Violence and a Criminal Charge of Domestic Violence – What Should I Do?
- What is Evidence Code § 1109 Evidence in a Domestic Violence Case?
Click Here for General Articles Related to Trial on All Offenses
Articles Related to Sentencing of Domestic Violence
- A “No Contest” Plea to New Criminal Charges Can Constitute a Probation Violation
- Criminal Protective Order in Domestic Violence Case is Improper When it Bars Father From Contacting His Kids, Who Were Not Victims in the Case
- Ten Year Restraining Order Proper for Mother Who Stalks Husband and Scares Daughter
- What is Summary Probation?
- Prison Sentence? It May Be Served in County Jail Under a New California Law.
- Restitution in Domestic Violence Case Does Not Violate Harvey Rule
- What is Private Jail?
- Immigration Consequences of a Conviction of Domestic Violence
- Judge May Prohibit Medical Marijuana Use as Term of Probation
- What is Disturbing the Peace (Penal Code § 415)?
- How Much Time Will I Serve?
- Is Expungement Worth it?
- Expungement Not Available When Probation Terminated in Domestic Violence Case
- How Do I Have My Arrest Record Sealed and Destroyed?
- What is Marsy’s Law and What Does it Provide a Victim?
- May I Be a Sheriff with a Conviction for Battery (PC § 242)?
- What is the Marital or Spousal Privilege? Its Limits?
Click Here for General Articles Related to Visiting Someone in Jail