Elder Abuse Articles
- The Police Did Not Read Me My Miranda Rights – Will My Case Be Dismissed?
- An Admission is Inadmissible if After an Illegal Search as the Fruit of a Poisonous Tree
- Insufficient Affidavit for Warrant Does Not Mean Search is Always Invalid
- If You Receive Miranda Warnings, Your Talking and Subsequent Silence to Certain Questions Can Be Used Against You as Adoptive Admissions
- Insufficient Warrant Does Not Render Search Invalid
- When an Arrestee is Detained, it is Unconstitutional to Search a Car Without a Warrant.
- Bail and Can it Be Reduced?
Click Here for General Articles Related to Search and Seizure
Click Here for General Articles Related to Bail
Articles Related to Being in Court for an Elder Abuse Crime
- What Should I Wear and Bring to Court?
- Why Hire Private Counsel? Why Shouldn't I just Use the Public Defender?
- What is an Arraignment?
- Is it Proper for the Prosecutor to Charge Me With More than What Police Arrested Me for?
- Which County Will Prosecute Me if I Committed a Crime in Two Different Counties?
- What is Misdemeanor Pre-Trial Hearing?
- What is a Felony Preliminary Hearing Setting Conference?
- What is a Preliminary Hearing?
- Conspiracy Liability Very Broad – Beware
- Conviction Reversed for District Attorney Withholding Evidence
- Fifth Amendment Rights Violated When DA Points to Silence as Evidence of Guilt
- Did the Prosecution Violate Your Sixth Amendment Right to a Speedy Trial?
- What is the Difference Between a Misdemeanor and a Felony?
- What is a Wobbler and May a Felony Be Changed to a Misdemeanor?
- Granddaughter Guilty of Financial Elder Abuse Through Embezzlement and Moving Grandmother Out of Home
- Unruly Defendant Removedf from Courtroom is Not Entitled to Have Audio or Video Feed to Hear or See Continued Testimony in Trial
- When a Pitchess Motion is Granted, The Judge Must Review the Police Officer’s Confidential Personnel Records Rather than Delegate such Review to Another Person
- Beware: The Prosecution May Add Charges During Trial Based on Witness Testimony in Trial
Click Here for General Articles Related to Trial on All Offenses
Articles Related to Sentencing for an Elder Abuse Crime
- A “No Contest” Plea to New Criminal Charges Can Constitute a Probation Violation
- What is Summary Probation?
- Prison Sentence? It May Be Served in County Jail Under a New California Law.
- What is Split Sentencing?
- Sentencing Alternatives for Military Veterans Under Penal Code § 1170.9
- What is Private Jail?
- Plea Bargaining By The Judge is Illegal – Not an Indicated Sentence
- Judge May Prohibit Medical Marijuana Use As Term of Probation.
- Resentencing of a Three Strikes Sentence Often Involves Difficult Document Gathering Challenges
- May a Sentence Enhancement Be Applied Twice on the Same Defendant for Acts on the Same Victim in the Same Day?
- Defendant Does Not Have to Pay Restitution When Probation Terminated and Cases Dismissed
- Defendant Violates Probation on a Seven-Year Joint Suspended Prison Sentence; Under AB109, Sentenced to Seven Years in County Jail
- Is Expungement Worth it?
- Can I Withdraw My Plea Based on Ineffective Assistance of Counsel?
- Insurance Broker's Financial Elder Abuse Conviction Reversed
Click Here for General Articles Related to Visiting Someone in Jail