Federal Offenses Articles
Click Here for General Articles Related to Traffic Stops and Contact with Police Applicable in Federal Court
Click Here for General Articles Related to Search and Seizure Applicable in Federal Court
Articles Related to Being in Federal Court Hearings
- What Should I Wear and Bring to Court?
- Is it Proper for the Prosecutor to Charge Me With More Than What Police Arrested Me for?
- Why Hire Private Counsel? Why Shouldn't I Just Use the Public Defender?
- Federal Conviction of Importing Marijuana Overturned for Improper Use of Rap Sheet
- Did the Prosecution Violate Your Sixth Amendment Right to a Speedy Trial?
- Man Convicted of Making False Claim of Citizenship Despite Claim He Suffered Delusion That Caused Him to Believe He was a Citizen
- What is a “Trial Tax?”
Articles Related to Sentencing in Federal Court
- A “No Contest” Plea to New Criminal Charges Can Constitute a Probation Violation
- California Federal Court Errs in Imposing Residency Restriction on Man Who Has Illegal Sex Overseas
- Federal Sentence Enhancement Proper for Person Deported, but Subsequently Found Back in U.S. Serving Time in a California State Prison
- U.S. Supreme Court Rules it is Permissible to Take DNA Samples from Those Accused of a Serious Crime
- Prior Burglary Conviction Not a Predicate Offense to Enhance Defendant’s Federal Sentence for Felon in Possession of Firearm
- Restitution Order in Federal Court Improper When Calling for Immediate Payment
- Does the Sixth Amendment Right to Fair Trial Mean Family Can Be in Court During Sentencing?
- If Visiting One in Jail, Be Careful What You Bring With You!
- Witness Intimidation Can Make Admissible Otherwise Inadmissible Hearsay
- Is My Call From Jail to My Attorney Really Private?